Paul Konerko will make his 13th straight Opening Day start at first base. AP
From White Sox media relations
The White Sox are making the following recommendations to fans attending Opening Series games against the Kansas City Royals:
* First pitch of Opening Day, presented by U.S. Cellular, is Monday, April 1 at 3:10 p.m.; the second game of the series is Wednesday, April 3 at 1:10 p.m.; and the series finale is Thursday, April 4 at 1:10 p.m.
* There are a limited number of standing-room-only tickets available for Monday's home opener. These are the only tickets remaining for the game and are only available at the U.S. Cellular Field ticket office. Tickets for the remainder of the opening series are available at the White Sox ticket office at U.S. Cellular Field, online at whitesox.com and through Ticketmaster phone lines at (866) SOX-GAME.
· Fans should only purchase tickets through authorized White Sox ticket agents. Purchasing tickets through the White Sox ticket office, whitesox.com, Ticketmaster or Stub Hub are the best ways to guarantee valid purchases.
* The White Sox strongly recommend that fans utilize public transportation. The CTA Red Line stops near the ballpark at 35th Street, and the Green Line is two blocks further east at 35th Street.
* There also is a Metra stop at 35th Street, just east of the Dan Ryan Expressway, along the Rock Island line. Metra will increase its service on game days to accommodate White Sox fans. For the most up-to-date game day service information including weekend inbound train schedules to meet the various scheduled first pitch start times, check metrarail.com.
* Gates to the ballpark open two hours before the start time of the Opening Day game and one and one half hours before the games on Wednesday and Thursday.
· The Bacardi at the Park restaurant near Gate 5 of U.S. Cellular Field is again open this season. The restaurant will be open to the public on Opening Day at 5 a.m., with media outlets broadcasting live from the venue. Coffee, soft drinks and donuts will be served until 7 a.m. when regular food and beverage service will commence. Fans wishing to attend the broadcasts should park in Lot A. Bacardi at the Park will open four hours prior to first pitch on the day of all home games throughout the season.
· The Miller Lite Bullpen Sports Bar will open one and one half hours before game start on Opening Day with B96 broadcasting live from 10 am-2 pm. Throughout the regular season, the Miller Lite Bullpen Sports Bar will open two and one half hours before first pitch of Saturday - Sunday games and one and one half hours before games on Monday - Friday (limited to the first 500 fans 21 and over).
* Parking lots open three hours before the start time of the Opening Day game, while they will open two hours before the start of the games on Wednesday and Thursday. Fans holding reserved parking coupons should display the coupons prominently as they approach the ballpark.
* Prepaid red coupons are accepted in Lots A, B, C and G, and prepaid green coupons are accepted in Lots F and L only. Cash parking will be very limited when lots open (Lots G, F and L; Lot A in the early morning only). Fans seeking cash parking should follow directional signs to available lots. Cash parking is $20 Monday - Saturday and $10 on Sundays.
* Fans planning to park and take the CTA downtown to work in the morning can park in Lot A (cash parking) starting at 5 a.m. This option is for fans returning to the ballpark for the game. Lot A is accessible from Wentworth Avenue between 33rd and 35th Streets. Tailgating will not be allowed in Lot A on Opening Day until three hours before the start of the game, when the rest of the parking lots open.
* Free shuttle service will be available on Opening Day from parking lots at 31st Street and Moe Drive (ONLY if all cash lots are filled at the ballpark).
* Fans holding tickets for the upper level will not be able to access other levels of the ballpark. This policy ensures fans may safely and comfortably enjoy the game with access to the areas of the ballpark where they bought tickets.
* In accordance with the Illinois law, smoking is prohibited in all areas of U.S. Cellular Field. There is a designated smoking area outside of Gate 2 and Gate 5. Those fans wishing to smoke must proceed to the ground level at the base of the ramps at Gate 2 and Gate 5.
· White Sox magnetic schedules and rally towels will be given to all fans in attendance on Opening Day, courtesy of U.S. Cellular.
* Lot B at Gate 5 of the ballpark is designated for cars displaying state-issued disability placards or license plates. In addition, any guests in need of assistance will be allowed by ballpark personnel to be dropped off and/or picked up in Lot B. Fans will have access to Lot B and Gate 5 (located north of the ballpark; across 35th Street) via 33rd Street.
* Alcohol cannot be taken from the park or consumed on public ways, in observation of city regulations.
* Finally, the White Sox ask fans to be respectful of the neighborhood and homes surrounding the ballpark before and after games.