Jake Peavy is a nominee for the 48th Hutch Award, given to a player who best exemplifies the honor, courage and dedication of former major league manager and player Fred Hutchinson.
* Alex Gordon, Kansas City Royals
* Felix Hernandez, Seattle Mariners
* Ryan Ludwick, Cincinnati Reds
* Brandon McCarthy, Oakland Athletics
* Logan Morrison, Miami Marlins
* Jake Peavy, White Sox
* Dan Uggla, Atlanta Braves
* Rickie Weeks, Milwaukee Brewers
* Ryan Zimmerman, Washington Nationals
* Barry Zito, San Francisco Giants
The recipient is selected through a vote of former awardees. Mickey Mantle won the inaugural award. Other recipients include Sandy Koufax, Carl Yastrzemski, Willie McCovey, Lou Brock, Jamie Moyer, Craig Biggio, Jon Lester, Tim Hudson and Billy Butler.
Hutchinson succumbed to cancer at age 45.
Peavy is also one of 30 nominees for the Roberto Clemente Award, given to the player who best represents baseball through positive contributions on and off the field.