From the home office in Wahoo, Nebraska...
THE "LATE SHOW" TOP TEN
"Thoughts That Went Through Philip Humber's Mind During His Perfect Game"
[As presented by Chicago White Sox star Philip Humber, who pitched a perfect game for the team on Saturday, on the Monday, April 23 broadcast of the LATE SHOW with DAVID LETTERMAN, seen weeknights (11:35 PM 12:37 AM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.]
10. "Don't jinx it by thinking about it, don't jinx it by thinking about it - I'm thinking about it."
9. "Thank goodness for my catcher, AJ Pierzanky...Piernoftski...Pierzonski...whatever."
8. "Go sit in the truck!"
7. "Thank goodness I drafted myself for my fantasy team."
6. "The only thing better than pitching a perfect game is making a perfect meatloaf every time with my new perfect meatloaf pan."
5. "Can Broadway's 'End of the Rainbow' really be like seeing Judy Garland in person?"
4. "Grab some pine, ducklips!"
3. "I see the Red Sox are up 9-0 on the Yanks - that's an easy win."
2. "I wish I could get me one of those dancing horses."
(videotape rolls of an equestrian rider on a prancing horse)
1. "Humber? How about Humbest!"