Pool report by Politico's Carrie Budoff Brown......
Shortly before noon, the president convened a meeting of his Council on Jobs and Competitiveness in a meeting room of Cree Inc., a LED lighting company that he described as "the type of company that all of us want to see promoted all across the country."
The event is streaming live in the White House website, and the press office just released a background document on the company.
The council sat around a rectangular set of tables with a jobs council sign as the backdrop. Those seated include Valerie Jarrett, Austan Goolsbee, and Melody Barnes. GE Chairman Jeffrey Immelt sat to the president's left at the head of the table, and DuPont CEO Ellen Kullman sat to his right.
The president is now hearing from members of the council.
I attached the list of council participants here.
Jobs Council members in attendance at today's event:
· Steve Case, Chairman & CEO, Revolution and Chairman, Startup America Partnership
· Kenneth I. Chenault, Chairman & CEO, American Express Company
· John Doerr, Partner, Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield & Byers
· Roger W. Ferguson, Jr., President & CEO, TIAA-CREF
· Mark T. Gallogly, Founder & Managing Partner, Centerbridge Partners
· Joseph T. Hansen, International President, UFCW
· Lewis Hay, III, Chairman & CEO, NextEra Energy
· Jeff Immelt, Chairman & CEO, GE
· Gary Kelly, Chairman, President, and CEO, Southwest Airlines
· Ellen Kullman, Chair & CEO, DuPont
· A.G. Lafley, former CEO, Proctor and Gamble
· Eric Lander, Director, Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard and Co-Chair, PCAST
· Monica Lozano, CEO, impreMedia
· Darlene Miller, President & CEO, Permac Industries
· Paul S. Otellini, President & CEO, Intel Corporation
· Richard D. Parsons, Chairman, Citigroup
· Antonio Perez, Chairman and CEO, Eastman Kodak
· Penny Pritzker, Chairman & Founder, Pritzker Realty Group
· Brian Roberts, Chairman & CEO, Comcast Corporation
· Matthew K. Rose, Chairman & CEO, BNSF Railway
· Sheryl Sandberg, Chief Operating Officer, Facebook
· Laura D. Tyson, Professor, Haas School of Business, UC Berkeley
· Robert Wolf, Chairman, UBS Group Americas and President, UBS IB
White House officials seated at table:
· Valerie Jarrett
· Gene Sperling
· Austan Goolsbee
· Melody Barnes
· Michael Strautmanis
· Don Graves
Cabinet officials seated at table:
· Secretary Gary Locke
· Administrator Karen Mills
· Chairman Fred Hochberg
Other participants seated at table:
· Chuck Swoboda, CEO, Cree, Inc.
· Christopher Che, Dayton-Hooven Corporation. Mr. Che hosted a Jobs Council "Listening and Action Session" at his manufacturing facility in Dayton, OH.