First Lady Michelle Obama hits the cover of Conde Nast's Traveler talking about living in Washington. Where are Mrs. Obama's favorite places? Click below.
Excerpt from Conde Nast Traveler story on Mrs. Obama's Washington...
Mrs. Obama shares a few of the First Family's favorite Washington spots:
· The Newseum, D.C.'s most interactive museum: "High recommendations (from the kids). They love the Newseum."
· Monticello: "It is just incredibly beautiful, and that beautiful garden that he planted that is three times the size of anything that you'd ever do. It brings it to life, not just for my kids but for me."
· Luray Caverns: "Yes! We saw the egg. Barack was very jealous -- he's a Tour Guy."
· Blue Duck Tavern: The Obama's celebrated their 17th wedding anniversary at chef Brian McBride's cozy West End restaurant.
· Restaurant Nora: President Obama surprised Michelle for her 46th birthday at this farm-to-table restaurant.
· Good Stuff Eatery: Mrs. Obama's old-favorite burger joint. They've named a burger the "Michelle Melt" for Mrs. Obama (it's free-range turkey and local organic veggies).
· Bureau of Engraving and Printing: "We did the Bureau of Engraving (and Printing tour)."
· Freshfarm Market: "In this society today, sometimes it's hard to make regular meals, healthy meals, a part of everyone's existence."
The May 2010 issue of Condé Nast Traveler will be on newsstands April 14.