Updated Thursday afternoon....
First lady Michelle Obama took daughters Malia, 11, and Sasha, 8, mother Marian Robinson and some pals to New York for a spring break trip where they hit Broadway shows, toured the Empire State Building and visited Harlem and Brooklyn. They returned to Washington on Wednesday, stopping at the Statue of Liberty en route back to the White House.
Here's the bite they have taken from the Big Apple, besides lunching at the Russian Tea Room and the Dinosaur Bar-B-Q in Harlem:
• Wednesday. The Obama group toured the "Sesame Street" studio. They hit Brooklyn, visiting the Brooklyn Bridge Park, the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory and a well-known pizzeria, Grimaldi's. (The New York Times quoted the waiter who served the entourage: "I think they said it was better than Chicago pizza.")
• Tuesday. Harlem was a focus. The Obama group toured the Studio Theater and the famous Apollo Theater. Mrs. Obama and friends dine at Aquavit, ownded by Marcus Samuelsson, the guest chef at White House first state dinner for the Prime Minister of India.She ordered the tasting menu.
• Monday night: A preview of a new musical, "The Addams Family," which opens next month.
• Sunday matinee: The musical "Memphis" about an interracial couple in segregation-era Tennessee. Before that, brunch at the Mesa Grill.
• Saturday night: Blue Man group. On the same day they stopped at Dylan's Candy Bar.