BEAUFORT, S.C.--Barack Obama taped a top ten list for David Letterman this afternoon after a vetarans round table at the University of South Carolina campus here.
(The list below was just read outloud on the Obama press bus. Few laughs.)
The Late Show Top Ten List
10. To keep the budget balanced, I’ll rent the situation room for sweet sixteens.
9. I will double your tax money at the craps table.
8. Appoint Mitt Romney secretary of lookin’ good.
7. If you bring a gator to the White House, I’ll wrassle it.
6. I’ll put Regis on the nickel.
5. I’ll rename the tenth month of the year “Barack-tober.”
4. I won’t let Apple release the new and improved Ipod the day after you bought the previous model.
3. I’ll find money in the budget to buy Letterman a decent hairpiece.
2. Pronounce the word nuclear, nuclear.
1. Three words: Vice President Oprah.
.When the Top Ten was finished, Dave said, “Senator Barack Obama, thank you very much for helping us out, Senator. Good luck with the campaign.” Sen. Obama replied, “Thank you so much, David, but you can’t muss my hair,” referring to Dave messing up John Edwards hair during Edwards’ LATE SHOW appearance on Tuesday. Dave then said, “Okay, whatever you say.”
This will be Obama's third time on the Letterman show, according to CBS