Who the heck is that?
Bell, who was one of the few bright spots during the loss to Philadelphia, had been a practice player for the Bears before being promoted to the 53-man roster on Friday.
His scamper was the longest by a Bear since a 73-yard run by Neal Anderson in 1989 and the longest first carry for any NFL back since 1995.
Just how unexpected was his four-carry, 81-yard contribution?
The Bears' official site doesn't even have a bio up for him yet.
Some cursory research yields the following on Bell:
- He is 5-foot-11 and weighs 212 pounds.
- Ran a 4.78 40 at the combine.
- Was an undrafted player who was released by Minnesota this summer.
- Led UCLA with 397 yards last season and 795 yards in 2007.
- Rushed for a collegiate-high 195 yards against Stanford.
-Majored in history.
- Lettered in football, basketball and track at California's Marin Catholic High School.
- One of six children.
- Hobbies include video games and dancing.