How would I describe what transpired between the Blackhawks and Canucks Sunday night?
Well, that old saying, "I went to a boxing match and a hockey game broke out," was the first thing that came to mind.
- Hawks fall behind 3-0 to the Canucks, their possible first-round opponent.
- Dustin Byfuglien has a good scoring chance in front of the Vancouver net and hits All-World goalie Roberto Luongo in the face in the process.
- Some typical hockey trash talk occurs and escalates -- almost immediately -- into separate skirmishes.
- Ben Eager drops Vancouver's Kevin Bieksa with a quick left.
- Alex Burrows yanks Duncan Keith by his HAIR to the ice (that has to be a penalty).
- Dave Bolland goes after one of Vancouver's Sedin twins on the next shift (sorry, it's not in the clip).
- The result? Six Hawks end up in the penalty box at once, Eager and Adam Burish get the boot, and more than enough penalty minutes to go around.
- Oh yeah, and the Hawks lost 4-0.
If the playoffs started today, the Hawks would play the Canucks. Now, wouldn't that be something?