Celebrate the return of boot weather with one of these fun shopping events this week:
1. Poor Little Rich Girls launch parties: Poorlittlerichgirls.com, an online lifestyles magazine for young women, is hosting two launch parties with $5 martinis, $4 signature drinks, a DJ and a live dance performance by Dance 2Xs. First, at 8 tonight, Sept. 10, at Soiree, 2438 N. Lincoln. And then at 8 p.m. tomorrow, Sept. 11, at Moxie, 3517 N. Clark.
2. Renegade Craft Fair: This isn't your mother's craft show. The free Renegade Craft Fair, which is becoming one of my favorite Chicago events, offers unique and edgy gifts, jewelry, clothing, art and posters from more than 300 artists (many of them from Chicago). They've added live music this year. On Saturday, Sept. 13, Hey Willpower will play at 6 p.m., Mahjongg at 7 and Northern State at 8:30. On Sunday, Sept. 14, The Living Blue will perform at 6 p.m., Pit Er Pat at 7 and Califone at 8:30. The fair will be open from noon to 10 p.m. Saturday and Sunday along Division between Damen and Hermitage in Wicker Park. For a full list of vendors, go to www.renegadecraft.com.
For the planet-loving bride: A dress from the Adele Wechsler Eco Couture collection.
3. Adele Wechsler trunk show and personal appearance at Macy's: Be the first to check out wedding gown designer Adele Wechsler's Eco Couture collection at Macy's bridal salon, the only bridal salon in Chicago to carry the line. The collection represents Adele's classic design with an eco-conscious twist, with fabrics made from certified organic hemp and silk blends, vegetable-dyed silks, scrap and waste fabrics and lace. Adele will be at the trunk show, held from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, Sept. 12; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 13, and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 14 at Macy's, 111 N. State, fourth floor. Appointments are suggested; call (312) 781-3545.
4. AKIRA's "Possessed" fall fashion show: Voodoo meets fashion at AKIRA's "biggest and darkest fashion show of the year." Come see the new fall collection and enjoy live performances by hip-hop electro-pop hybrid He Say She Say, new wavers Brilliant Pebles, the renegade marching band Black Bear Combo and aerial acrobatics by Aloft. Doors open at 5:30 p.m., show begins at 7 Sunday at House of Blues, 329 N. Dearborn. Tickets are $15 pre-sale ($25 at the door) and can be purchased at any AKIRA store or online at www.akirachicago.com.
5. Get consultations from dermatologist Dr. Zein Obagi: Nordstrom Michigan Avenue is going Hollywood with the launch of ZO Skin Health from famed Beverly Hills-based dermatologist Dr. Zein Obagi. Stop by the store (55 E. Grand) from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 16, to meet Dr. Obagi, get a free personal consultation (a $300 value) and check out his new line. The cost is $50, and attendees will receive a travel-size Oclipse Suncreen + Primer SP 30 when they register. To RSVP, call (312) 464-1515, ext. 1424, by Sunday, Sept. 14.