Watch out, Mouse, here come the bricks. Legoland is opening a theme park in Florida.
The Ledger in Winter Haven reports the park, which will only be the fifth in the world, is gonna take residence in the state after plans were leaked in an e-mail:
1. LEGOLAND Florida will be the fifth LEGOLAND attraction worldwide (CA, Denmark, England, and Germany).
2. Merlin is the second largest attraction company in the world, second only behind Disney.
3. Merlin's massive research in the area already indicated that; the LEGOLAND brand already has high recognition and a 90% intention to visit by families in their target market.
4. LEGOLAND, CA, is the fastest growing theme park in the U.S., realizing an astounding 6% growth in 2009. The park was also recognized by Amusement Today as the country's best theme park for children for the sixth consecutive year.
5. Check out Merlin's website for a broad overview of their operations.
Whatever the case, exciting news for roller coaster fans and Lego nerds.