Tuesday, Sept. 22, 2009. A day that will live in infamy in Chicago?
According to 922warning.com, yes. Seems we're scheduled for nuclear armageddon today. Reason to worry or is this just a crackpot bit of end-of-world b.s. on the Web (does that happen?). Let's look at the facts as broken down by the site:
Firstly, keep in mind that a "second 9/11" or "9/11 sequel" could occur on 9/12/YYYY or 9/22/YYYY, rather than on 9/11/YYYY. Furthermore, eight years passed between the 1993 World Trade Center bombing and 9/11, and now eight years have passed since 9/11.
• 9/22/2009 is a Tuesday, as was 9/11/2001.
• 9/22/2009 is the first day of fall ("fall" being the operative word here).
• Chicago is known as "The Second City."
• President Obama is from Chicago.
• Chicago is a candidate city for the 2016 Summer Olympics. The host city will be selected in October.
• Illinois Lottery drawings are held at 9:22 p.m.
• 9/11 occurred during President Bush's first year in office; President Obama is currently in his first year in office.
• September 22nd is the 265th day of the year and is followed by the final 100 days of the year.
Seems like a slam dunk call for you to grab some cans of Spam and get to the fallout shelter, right? I mean, the Lottery is involved, people!
Panic! In! The! Streets!
Wonder what this will do to the city's chances of getting the 2016 Olympic bid?
Now, frankly, we're just a little skeptical of this bit of intel. First of all, the Doomsday Clock is still at 5-til-midnight, so we have a ways to go there. And da Mayor has yet to tell the City Council to let this happen. Nevermind the fact that the Cook County Board has no immediate plans for a fallout tax.
Besides, the Cubs aren't a threat to win the World Series this year, which is the true test of credibility when it comes to an end-of-days scenario.
Chicagoist has more on the latest action item in our government's war on ... umm ... us, apparently. They'd just better not piss of the cops or some heads are getting cracked over this one.