George Takei, who played Mr. Sulu on "Star Trek," and his partner, Brad Altman, will attempt to bring "The Newlywed Game" into the 21st century. The will be the long-running game show's first gay couple.
Of course, even though they're technically "newlyweds" -- they were married in Los Angeles a year ago this week -- they've actually been together for more than two decades. They'll probably be able to answer goofy questions about each other without giggling.
Here's a video in which George and Brad discuss the majesty of their love on their first anniversary ...
In other news: Yes, "The Newlywed Game" is still on the freaking air. A new edition of the classic game show began airing on GSN a year ago and has been a ratings success. Instead of Bob Eubanks as host, you now get singer Carnie Wilson.
The new season of the game show begins Oct. 12.
Other celebrity couples scheduled to appear on upcoming episodes of the show include:
• Davy Jones of The Monkees and his brand-new wife, Telemundo actress Jessica Pacheco
• Dance pros Edyta Sliwinska and Alec Mazo ("Dancing with the Stars")
• Former Denver Broncos linebacker Glenn Cadrez and his wife, Playmate Brande Roderick
• Christopher Knight ("The Brady Bunch") and Adrianne Curry ("America's Next Top Model")
• Jonny Fairplay ("Survivor") and Michelle Deighton ("America's Next Top Model")
For a sample of the intellectual caliber of the original show, look no further ...