After 60 years under the surface of Lake Michigan, a WWII-era Dauntless dive bomber was rescued from the depths and may get a new home in a museum. Here's a time-lapse video of the plane rising one last time. You can check out a blow-by-blow of the event courtesy the Lake County News Sun's Twitter feed from the scene.
- Who is Chicago Larry?
- When you merge artists, nerds and computers and take away color what do you get? Fractal rock
- German sex workers see sales go soft, looking for stimulus package in the worst way
- A reverse Bermuda Triangle as WWII bomber is pulled from Lake Michigan
- Our playlist for a spring day! What's yours?
- THE BIG PICTURE: The Earth Day Earth Mosaic 2009 project
- Desperate C-list "starlet," your Funny or Die video shoot awaits. Next: Denise Richards
- Andrea Wachner's life lesson: Never go to your high school reunion when you can send a stripper instead
- Don't just play like a rock star, play with one
- Avon calling ... in a new infomercial
About this Entry
This page contains a single entry by Craig Newman published on April 24, 2009 11:35 AM.
Our playlist for a spring day! What's yours? was the previous entry in this blog.
German sex workers see sales go soft, looking for stimulus package in the worst way is the next entry in this blog.