Thornton Township Committeeman Frank Zuccarelli // Photo by Brian Jackson~Sun-Times
The suburban committeemen are in the driver's seat for the slating -- at least for Cook County -- holding nearly two-thirds of the weighted votes in Saturday's Democratic slating for Jesse Jackson Jr.'s House seat.
And Thornton Township Committeeman Frank Zuccarelli is driving the bus. As of yesterday, Zuccarelli said he was still putting his support behind Donne Trotter, who is in court today on gun charges.
Zuccarelli controls 29 percent of the total weighted vote for Cook County's portion of the district. There's also portions in Kankakee and Will counties that's not included here.
Ward Committeeman have a total of 25,900 votes or 37 percent of the total.
- • 7th: 7,400 or 11 percent (Sandi Jackson)
- • 9th: 6,600 or 9 percent (Beale)
- • 5th: 3,700 or 5 percent (Leslie A. Hairston)
- • 8th: 2,800 or 4 percent (Michelle Harris)
- • 10th: 3,400 or 5 percent (John Pope)
- • 34th: 2,000 or 3 percent (Carrie Austin)
Township committeeman have a total of 44,000 votes or 63 percent of the total
- • Thornton: 20,000 or 29 percent
- • Rich Township: 11,000 or 16 percent
- • Bloom Township: 8,900 or 13 percent
- • Bremen: 4,100 or 6 percent