Cook County Social Club will be one of many local acts at this year's fest.
The beauty of improv is its unpredictability -- but sometimes, you want to have at least a little information before jumping in. This week's announcement about the lineup for the 13th Annual Chicago Improv Festival (April 19-25) offers just that. Some key numbers:
- 65. The number of acts performing at this year's fest. Our favorite at first glance is Dusk: Improvised Tween Erotica (from Austin, TX). See the full schedule here.
- 38. That's how many Chicago ensembles are included in that number. Especially intriguing: the Rattlesnake High School reunion show.
- 24 and 8. The number of different cities and countries, respectively, that the rest of the acts hail from. Boom Chicago All-Stars!
- 12. The number of locations for this year's events, including Apollo Theatre, Annoyance Theater, the Athenaeum, Chemically Imbalanced Theater, ComedySportz, Gorilla Tango, IO Comedy Theater, Laugh Out Loud, Martyrs, The Playground and The Second City.
- 3. The number of recipients of the 2010 Lifetime Achievement Award. Harold Ramis, Dick Schaal and Severn Darden will be honored at 7 p.m. on April 21 at the Second City ETC theater. Susan Messing (Improviser of the Year) and Improvised Shakespeare Co. (Ensemble of the Year) will also be getting awards.
Tickets for the festival will go on sale April 1 at www.chicagoimprovfestival.org.