The countdown to a new Brown Line (which has lasted well over 1,000 days, but who’s, um, counting?) is almost complete, as the renovated Paulina stop opens Friday after a year-long closure for repairs. A couple of local spots will celebrate the occasion with specials all weekend. Among them:
– Finley Dunne’s will serve $2.50 Bud Light pints on Friday, and half-price sandwiches from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. all weekend
– The Shire will offer $3 Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold Lager pints all weekend
– Fizz serves up half-price pizzas before 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday
– Dinkel’s will have a burglaur (their breakfast sandwich) and coffee for $2.99
– Frasca has select bottles of wine for 20 bucks on Friday, $3 glasses of champagne on Saturday and $2 brown cows on Sunday
That leaves only the Wellington stop left for repairs. We're sure that'll open any day (or year) now. But really, who needs to get on an actual train when you can just ride the Virtual L from the comfort of your computer?