As if Snuggies and Zombies weren’t enough, along comes the Cover Your Bases Bar Crawl this weekend in Wrigleyville. Brought to you by the Twelve Bars of Christmas folks, this crawl starts and ends at Rebel Bar & Grill on Clark. In between, participants hit up eight other area bars (although it looks like about 15 to us, but we were never that good at math) while collecting stickers for each. Those who get all nine stickers are entered in a raffle for Cubs tickets and other prizes.
Tickets are $12 ($15 on Saturday) and get you $2.50 Bud Lights at each bar, as well as a T-shirt. And no, the Cubs won’t be at home – avoiding a cluster-somethingorother of epic proportions. But they do play in St. Louis at 3, so there may be a TV or two in W’ville where you can catch the game. Go to www.shopfesta.com/coveryourbases to buy tickets.
Schedule of bars after the jump.
1. 1:30 - 3:45 Rebel Bar & Grill for Opening Ceremonies
2. 3:45 - 4:35 Blarney Stone / Houndstooth / Risque Cafe / Purgatory Pizza / Johnny O'Hagans
3. 4:35 - 5:25 Redmonds / The Yard / Darkhorse
4. 5:25 - 6:15 Harray Caray's Tavern
5. 6:15 - 7:05 Murphy's Bleachers
6. 7:05 - 7:55 Casey Moran's / Bernie's
7. 7:55 - 8:45 Cubby Bear
8. 8:45 - 9:35 Mullen's / Merkle's
9. 9:35 - 10:25 Irish Oak / The Stretch / Central
10. 10:30 - Close Rebel Bar & Grill for Closing Ceremonies