Independent ad agency Schafer Condon Carter/Chicago has purchased the C.C.P. Holden building at 1027 W. Madison St. in Chicago's west loop neighborhood. The agency plans to move its operations to the 34,500 square-foot building in the fall of 2011, after an extensive renovation. SCC will be working with Chicago-based Widler Architecture on the restoration, which will focus on conservation and sustainability.
C.C.P. Holden, was a well-known Chicago political figure, railroad magnate and real estate developer who was very involved in reconstruction efforts after the Great Chicago Fire in 1871. He built the structure SCC has just purchased in 1872.
SCC has seen steady growth and expansion since its start in 1989. The agency has accelerated growth in recent years through acquisition of Romani Bros. in 2008, the relaunch of the PR united under Mike Grossman and the addition of David Selby as agency president.