The Cubs are looking for a new modernized theme song.
I would worry more about my third baseman.
As a Cubs fan since 1966, here is my top ten list for some Wrigley Field anthems.
I will leave Kanye West's "Power" and other rap selections to other departments. And really, how many young black people do you see at Wrigley Field?
10. "Do You Believe in Magic," Lovin' Spoonful
9. "The Waiting," Tom Petty and the Heartbrearkers
8. "All Along the Watchtower," Jimi Hendrix (It would sound so cool. Especially that line about how "There much be some way out of here, said the Joker to the Theo.)
7. "Rum and Coca Cola," The Andrews Sisters 1945 hit---the last time the Cubs were in a World Series.
6. "Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw," Jimmy Buffett (the point of going to Wrigleyville after a 101 loss season, bonus points for Buffett being the first major act to play Wrigley.)
5. "Pride & Joy," Stevie Ray Vaughan
4. "Hungry Heart," Bruce Springsteen (Lay down your money and you play your part--I've been a season ticket holder since '85.)
3 "Mannish Boy," Muddy Waters (and Buddy Guy is a Cubs fan. Or try his own "Look What All You Got" about that strange thing on his shoulder...hopefully not a torn ligament.)
2. "Forever in Blue Jeans," Neil Diamond (Tom Ricketts rips off everything else from Boston, might as well go Cubbie blue with Fenway's love of Neil)
1. "It's A Long Way To The Top," AC/DC