First, a few quick facts on the league we set up yesterday.
- First and foremost, we're holding a live draft on Sunday, March 15 at 8 p.m. You can always auto-draft your team, but I'd advise you only sign up if you can be there.
- We're getting as many into in the league as we can - 20. That may sound like a lot but I'm playing in a 10 team AL-only league this year, so it's pretty much the same thing. It should be a fun challenge for everyone.
- It's a 5x5 rotisserie league. The categories are R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP.
- Following fantasy baseball the entire season is a challenge, even for supposed experts. Please only sign up if you plan on playing the entire season.
- Get those emails into Matt! It should be a sweet time all summer long.
Now onto business...
5. SP Jesse Litsch
Litsch made a strong debut in 2007, and followed it up with an even better 2008. The 23-year old pitcher is set to take an even bigger role this year with the Blue Jays, with starter Dustin McGowan continuing to battle injuries. McGowan may not be ready until June, so Toronto will be counting on Litsch to to stabilize the rotation behind ace Roy Halladay. Litsch struck out only 99 batters in 176 innings last year, but at least he doesn't walk a ton of guys. Litsch posted a very solid 1.23 ERA last year in his first full season as a starter.