Here are the top thirty fantasy baseball players overall based on stats and overall performance this season only. Promise, potential, soothsaying and reputation do not play a factor into them because they didn't earn you points yesterday and they won't earn you points today.
Here goes with their previous weeks' ranking in parentheses:
1. (1) Alex Rodriguez, NYY 3B - The guy is still killing it, but this divorce issue has got to be weighing on him.
2. (2) Lance Berkman, HOU OF/1B - We have finally found something that can slow him down: pink eye.
3. (3) Hanley Ramirez, FLA SS - June's player of the month looks like he'll be a candidate in July as well (2 HR, 7 RBI).
4. (7) Ian Kinsler, TEX 2B - Absolutely on fire during his current 18-game hitting streak.
5. (5) Albert Pujols, STL 1B - Hit his 300th career homer Friday, unfortunately it was a solo shot.
6. (4) Chase Utley, PHI 2B - The long ball is a rarity lately, but he's been more consistent overall.
7. (8) Josh Hamilton, TEX OF - Still homerless June 17 but he's an RBI machine (84).
8. (12) Grady Sizemore, CLE OF - Leads AL with 22 HR, top ten in BB , SLG, R, SB, and OPS.
9. (9) Jose Reyes, NYM SS - Starting to pick up steam heading into the All-Star break.
10. (10) Matt Holliday, COL OF - Absolutely dominant performance during latest homestand (.429, 3 HR, 10 RBI).
11. (11) David Wright, NYM 3B - Had back-to-back three hit games last week, liking what we see.
12. (6) Ryan Braun, MIL 3B - Hit his first HR since June 17 on Saturday. The hand is definitely an issue.
13. (13) Carlos Quentin, CHW OF - No HR or RBI in July so far. Looking for more from Quentin.
14. (14) Adrian Gonzalez, SD 1B - Stuck in a horrendous slump at the moment.
15. (15) Prince Fielder, MIL 1B - The big man went through a tough stretch at the end of June.
16. (16) Dan Uggla, FLA 2B - Very good chance he won't be back until after the All-Star break.
17. (17) Chipper Jones, ATL 3B - Crazy stat line from last night's 17-inning game: 3-5, 1 HR, 2 RBI, 3 R, 4 BB.
18. (18) Milton Bradley, TEX OF/DH - Knee tendinitis forced Bradley out of the lineup Sunday.
19. (19) Cliff Lee, CLE SP - Had his 12th win basically sewn up, before blowing it against the Twins.
20. (NR) Roy Halladay, TOR SP - This guy is one of baseball's elite players stuck up North.
21. (20) Dan Haren, ARI SP - Drops not because of any one thing he did, just bad luck in the wins dept.
22. (22) Derrek Lee, CHC 1B - Has had a multi-hit game in every contest in July except for one.
23. (23) Jermaine Dye, CHW OF - Since June 18, JD has been held hitless only once.
24. (24) Brandon Webb, ARI SP - Named the NL All-Star starter, and deservedly so.
25. (25) Tim Lincecum, SF SP - Just keeps getting better and better.
26. (26) Carlos Lee, HOU OF - Looking good in July, hopefully the break won't mess him up.
27. (27) Edison Volquez, CIN SP - Hasn't had more than 3K in a game since June 9.
28. (28) Carl Crawford, TB OF - Batting average back to .288 for the first time since May 13.
29. (29) Mariano Rivera, NYY RP - Made made Manny Ramirez look clueless Sunday night. Still got it.
30. (30) Justin Duchscherer, OAK SP - Chicago fans saw what all the fuss is about on Forth of July.