It's been a very impressive year for the rookies of MLB. Some were expected to perform up to this level, while others simply came out of nowhere and are now coveted by fantasy players everywhere.
Here's a look at the top 10 rookies in fantasy baseball based upon their performance up until this point:
1. Evan Longoria, TB 3B - The AL Player of the Week (.433, 3 HR, 10 RBI) is just getting started.
2. Jacoby Ellsbury, BOS OF - Swipes bases constantly (35) but needs to break out of current slump.
3. Kosuke Fukudome, CHI OF - Injuries are slowing him down, but he's still Mr. Consistent.
4. Geovany Soto, CHI C - Could earn ROY honors and has a lot of power at the plate.
5. Joey Votto, CIN 1B - June was his worst month yet, but still hit .257 with a couple of HRs.
6. Joba Chamberlain, NYY P - He's a strikeout machine, needs to last longer in games.
7. Johnny Cueto, CIN P - Bounced back after a tough stretch, shutout Cleveland last week.
8. Alexei Ramirez, CHW 2B - Been a pro from day one, finds a way to impress every game.
9. Micah Owings, ARI P - Dealing with a back injury that will cause him to miss next start.
10. Jay Bruce, CIN OF - Despite slumping badly in June, Bruce remains a good fantasy option.