Here are the top thirty fantasy baseball players overall based on stats and overall performance this season only. Promise, potential, soothsaying and reputation do not play a factor into them because they didn't earn you points yesterday and they won't earn you points today.
1. Alex Rodriguez, NYY 3B - Rough week, but he's still A-Rod and still the best in baseball.
2. Lance Berkman, HOU OF/1B - Keep waiting for him to slow down, but he just goes faster.
3. Hanley Ramirez, FLA SS - Power numbers are sick (9 HR, 15 RBI) and he steals bases (9) in June.
4. Chase Utley, PHI 2B - Hopefully the slump is over after a solid Saturday (3-5, 2 2B, HR).
5. Albert Pujols, STL 1B - Picked up right where he left off, 4-for-4 in first game back from injury.
6. Ryan Braun, MIL 3B - Been playing with an injured hand, could be a big blow if he lands on the DL.
7. Ian Kinsler, TEX 2B - 14 multi-hit games in June alone. Solid as solid can be.
8. Josh Hamilton, TEX OF - Hasn't homered since June 17. Coming back down to earth maybe?
9. Jose Reyes, NYM SS - What's scary is that he's struggled this year, and still is a top ten player.
10. Matt Holliday, COL OF - Hitting .366 in June after battling early injuries this season.
11. David Wright, NYM 3B - That two homer performance last week was a nice treat.
12. Grady Sizemore, CLE OF - Grady's Ladies love his steals (19) and homeruns (19) as an outfielder.
13. Carlos Quentin, CHW OF - No hometown bias here, check the numbers for yourself (19 HR, 61 RBI, .288 AVG).
14. Adrian Gonzalez, SD 1B - Lighting it up for a very bad team.
15. Prince Fielder, MIL 1B - Having a nice June with 8 HR, but five of them were solo shots.
16. Dan Uggla, FLA 2B - Only thing slowing him down is an ankle injury, but should be back by Thursday.
17. Chipper Jones, ATL 3B - Can't play the field, but can still hit like a champ. Belongs in the AL.
18. Milton Bradley, TEX OF/DH - Started to cool off with quad injury the past week or so.
19. Cliff Lee, CLE SP - Picked up his 11th win of the season while striking out a career-high 11.
20. Dan Haren, ARI SP - Wins are decent, but his WHIP (0.97) and K (96) are hard to ignore.
21. Nate McLouth, PIT OF - Pulled a hammy on Sunday and left the game. I'd be concerned.
22. Derrek Lee, CHC 1B - Went 5-for-5 against the White Sox on Saturday.
23. Jermaine Dye, CHW OF - Hot as the sun right now, 9 HR and 26 RBI in June.
24. Brandon Webb, ARI SP - After a shaky week, Webb became the first to 12 wins.
25. Tim Lincecum, SF SP - The only good thing the Giants have going for them.
26. Carlos Lee, HOU OF - Terrible outfielder, but that doesn't matter to us. El Caballo is a fantasy beast.
27. Edison Volquez, CIN SP - Got tagged with five ER Saturday, but his 110 K on the season makes up for it.
28. Carl Crawford, TB OF - Looking better with three home runs last week.
29. Mariano Rivera, NYY RP - K-Rod gets the headlines, but Rivera's 42 K and 0.55 WHIP is tops in fantasy.
30. Justin Duchscherer, OAK SP - Became the league's leader in ERA (1.91) in loss to Giants.