The Marin Report is a fast-paced, insightful look at the day's top news from renowned reporter Carol Marin. Watch it each weekday at noon.
Here are the stories we're following today:
• The Near South Side seems to hold the hottest hand for a Chicago casino. This all unfolds after Michael Sneed's exclusive that Mayor Rahm Emanuel and DePaul University want to build a new basketball arena at McCormick Place using public and private money.
• The head of the City Council's Black Caucus says 13 of the 54 schools to be closed should remain open. Ald. Howard Brookins warns the mayor there could be a political price to pay for closing the schools.
• Ald. Brendan Reilly says he's exploring a plan to buy back the city's 36,000 parking meters.
• Donald Trump is on the witness stand today in federal court. An 87-year-old woman claims she was conned into buying two units in the Trump Tower.
• Sign up for the The Marin Report newsletter.