The Marin Report is a fast-paced, insightful look at the day's top news from renowned reporter Carol Marin. Watch it each weekday at noon.
Here are the stories we're following today:
• Is the pension plan pushed by House Speaker Michael Madigan the real deal?
• The Senate has passed a new gambling bill and it includes a casino for Chicago.
• The Sun-Times' Fran Spielman reports Mayor Emanuel is meeting behind closed doors to persuade aldermen to accept his renegotiated parking meter deal.
• Mayor Emanuel says the Cubs' threat to leave Chicago unless Wrigley gets its Jumbo-tron isn't real. Rick Telander calls it "a dangerous ploy" that could turn against the Cubs. And Gordon Wittenmyer wonders where's the money for signing better players.
• Sign up for the The Marin Report newsletter.