The Marin Report is a fast-paced, insightful look at the day's top news from renowned reporter Carol Marin. Watch it each weekday at noon.
Here are the stories we're following today:
• We take for granted our drinking water is safe. Now a federal jury will decide if Crestwood official Theresa Neubauer lied about the safety of her town's water.
• Air traffic controllers at O'Hare are warning of big delays starting this weekend when the number of controllers taking a mandatory furlough day will reach 14.
• Ald. George Cardenas thinks raising the legal age to buy cigarettes from 18 to 21 could cut down on young smokers.
• A report from the Illinois Association of Realtors shows housing inventory in Chicago is going down. And home prices are going up.
• Sign up for the The Marin Report newsletter.