The Marin Report is a fast-paced, insightful look at the day's top news from renowned reporter Carol Marin. Watch it each weekday at noon.
Here are the stories we're following today:
• What's an injured ankle worth? This Cook County Jail guard -- who allegedly calls himself the "duty injury king" -- got $76,000. The sheriff wants him brought up on criminal charges.
• A city council ordinance to require public hearings on privatizing city assets is stuck in committee and apparently going nowhere. Unlike parking meter rates.
• Hillary Clinton's coming to town in June to headline a fundraiser to find a cure for epilepsy. It's sponsored by Susan and David Axelrod. He masterminded Barack Obama's victory over Clinton in 2008.
• The Bears get the 20th pick in tonight's NFL draft. Will the team pick linebacker Manti Te'o?
• Sign up for the The Marin Report newsletter.