Now that the Bulls are getting set to open training camp, here are 10 questions surrounding the team following a quiet offseason:
1. How will the Bulls manage without leading-scoring Ben Gordon, who signed with the Detroit Pistons?
2. Will the three-guard rotation of Derrick Rose, John Salmons and Kirk Hinrich improve the defense and make up for the loss of Gordon's offense?
3. Will Rose continue to progress and become the team's leader following the controversies of the spring and summer?
4. Is Luol Deng healthy after missing the final 2½ months of the regular season and the playoffs last season, and is he ready to live up to the big contract he signed in the summer of 2008?
5. Now that he has a year's experience, is Vinny Del Negro the right coach to lead the Bulls to the next level?
6. Can the Bulls count on Joakim Noah to be the player he was in the second half and the playoffs last season for a full season?
7. Are the Bulls in better position now to execute their big free-agent plans than they were earlier this decade?
8. After showing flashes of solid play last season, is Tyrus Thomas finally ready to live up to his promise?
9. Will rookies James Johnson and Taj Gibson be able to contribute and add to the frontcourt depth?
10. The Bulls should be a playoff team, but can they move up enough in the Eastern Conference to gain home-court advantage in the first round?
Let us know what you think. Leave a comment below.