It took some doing but a gun show will run in conjunction with the Chicago Outdoor Sports Show.
Here's the word from show producers.
The Outdoor Sports Group (OSG) is proud to present The Chicago Outdoor Sports Show January 23-27, 2013 at Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, continuing 30 + years of sports shows at Rosemont, Illinois. This year's show will extend the tradition of great outdoor sports shows gracing the shores of Lake Michigan and providing the greater Chicagoland area a break from cabin fever.
In conjunction with The Chicago Outdoor Sports Show the show will co-locate with the first ever Chicagoland Gun Show. For more information go to: www.chicagolandgunshow.com
The Outdoor Sports Show will cater to the sporting consumer and will feature dozens of fishing and hunting seminars, several new family-friendly attractions and hundreds of quality vendors and exhibitors preferred by the outdoor enthusiast. Attendees will have an opportunity to shop for amazing deals on fishing tackle, boats, archery, outfitters, wildlife art, hunting supplies, charters, canoes, kayaks, gun safes, knives, taxidermy and much more.
Speakers and Special Programs:
· 3 D Archery Range and Tournament, Archers across The Greater Chicagoland area are encouraged to bring their bows for one of the areas best indoor 3D tournaments. The 3D course is designed for hunters and target shooters alike. The tournament is open to both modern bow hunters and traditional archers. There is a fee to enter and cash prizes will be awarded to the winners.
· The Bass Academy is an intensive 5 hour classroom session designed by Tournament Professional Gene Ellison to help avid anglers and Tournament Pro's alike take their bass fishing to the next level. Join Gene "The Fishing Machine", Jonathan Van Dam and several other premier anglers during this special class. In addition take a break to engage in conversation with Jonathan VanDam about his recent B.A.S.S. Elite series tournament win in Wisconsin over his uncle Kevin VanDam.
· Greg Bohn, "Mr. Slip Bobber" and designer of unique Walleye Tackle Products and 7-Time World Record Holder will be at the event showcasing his latest techniques and books.
· Expert Musky Panel Featuring - Spence Petros (National Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Famer), Bob Mehsikomer, (9-Time World Record Holder) and Don Pursch (considered one of the most knowledgeable fisherman in the country) will provide a Musky Panel discussion including an interactive Q&A session with the attendees.
· American Fly Fishing School led by Captain Mike Corblies, a world class teacher and videographer of the sport who is currently the Director of the American Fly Fishing School.
· Dan Gapen Sr., author, caring naturalist and member of the International Fishing Hall of Fame will share his stories, tales and fishing know-how in a seminar dedicated to the average fisherman and outdoor enthusiast. This will be Dan's final seminar appearance in Chicago area. Don't miss this opportunity to learn from a fishing legend!
· The Hawg Trough 5000 gallon mobile bass aquarium will host dozens of fishing demonstration by top professionals at the show.
· Illinois Conservation Foundation will be onsite for Give Away Prizes featuring rod and reels "fish ready" combos.
· Illinois Department of Natural Resources will be onsite for those wishing to buy or renew their fishing and/or hunting licenses.
· Bob Mehsikomer Musky Seminars from the master who has released over 100 muskies over 50 inches long.
· Mark Millis, long time hunting expert "Cabelas Ambassador" and co-host of "Deer City, USA" will be conducting crossbow hunting seminars on the archery range. Crossbows are now legal in IL, come find out how to utilize this exciting hunting tool from a master of the hunt!
· Mike Mladenik who recognized as one of the top smallmouth experts, author and fulltime guide in Wisconsin.
· Tommy Skarlis, touring walleye professional who enjoys hooking crappies through the ice as much as walleyes on a raging river. Qualified for 29 straight national championships and is one of the hottest tourney sticks in the history of walleye fishing.
Fun for the Whole Family:
· Dan Armitage will be onsite during the weekend show days teaching kids how to fish and about understanding outdoors safety.
· Chaunceys Great Outdoors will be leading kids casting contests and scavenger hunts as well as featuring the Nature Center with the Reptile Exhibit.
· New Kids Zone, a special area has been designated for kids of all ages. This area will include a learning center for the next generation of outdoor sports enthusiast and interactive attractions such as Duck Races, Chicago Toy Company, Kids casting area and much more...
· Trout Pond, a catch and release pond is always a favorite for the kids and the parents who see their kids catch a fish for the first time at a sports show.
Chicago Outdoor Sports Show
January 23 - 27, 2013
Donald E. Stephens Convention Center
Wednesday, January 23 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Thursday, January 24 2:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Friday, January 25 2:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Saturday, January 26 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, January 27 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Buy tickets online and in advance to save! Go to www.ChicagoSportshow.com to purchase tickets. On line ticket purchases include a 1 year subscription to one of the following magazines (Field & Steam, Outdoor Life, Islands or Popular Science)
At the Door $12.00 (does not include magazine subscription)
About Outdoor Sports Group
Outdoor Sports Group (OSG), a Met Event Group is the producer of the finest outdoor sports show on the East Coast and in Chicago dedicated to the consumer sports enthusiast.
2013 Show Schedule:
· Garden State Outdoor Sports Show, January 10 - 13, 2013
· Chicago Outdoor Sports Show, January 23 - 27, 2013
· Chicagoland Gun Show, January 23 - 27, 2013
· Atlantic City Outdoor Sports Show, March 7 - 10, 2013
· New York Outdoor Sports Show, March 21 - 24, 2013
For more information on OSG and upcoming events, please visit www.osgshows.com.