The people of Chicago have spoken — with their book-buying dollars. This week's Crain's Chicago Business is chock-full of charts and graphs and information in its Market Facts 2008 feature.
Among the findings under "Media & Culture," the mag lists the top five best-sellers in Chicago since Jan. 1, 2008. It's a curious little all-nonfiction list. Not surprising is that the No. 1 spot is an Oprah's Book Club selection.
1. A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose by Eckhart Tolle (paperback)
2. The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch with Jeffrey Zaslow
3. Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace ... One School at a Time by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin (paperback)
4. Strengths Finder 2.0: A New and Upgraded Edition of the Online Test from Gallup's 'Now, Discover Your Strengths' by Tom Rath
5. Eat This Not That: Thousands of Simple Food Swaps That Can Save You 10, 20, 30 Pounds — or More! by David Zinczenko (paperback)