There weren't too many Hawks on the ice Thursday during practice at the United Center.
Here's the rundown:
* Center Dave Bolland sat out, getting a maintenance day. He played 20:11 in the win Wednesday over the Dallas Stars. He had two assists and a plus-2 rating, as his line with Bryan Bickell and Troy Brouwer stood out.
* Defenseman Jassen Cullimore has a lower-body injury, but will go on the two-game trip to San Jose and Denver.
* Injured players Patrick Kane, Marian Hossa (injured reserve) and Fernando Pisani did not partake in practice. Coach Joel Quenneville said it's possible all three could return to the ice when they return -- even Kane, who suffered an ankle injury on Sunday.
"By the time we get back two or three could be on the ice" Quenneville said.
Hossa and Pisani were already expected to resume skating by that point. But it does sound like Quenneville is encouraged by Kane's progress.
Kane "could be [skating], but I might be optimistic," Quenneville added.
* Jeremy Morin and Rob Klinkhammer were sent back to the Rockford IceHogs as the Hawks continue to manage the salary cap. Quenneville said one or two could rejoin the Hawks on the trip. Morin is expected to be back. He scored his first NHL goal Wednesday.
* Winger Viktor Stalberg is fine. He didn't suffer any injuries Wednesday. He called his lack of playing time, which included no shifts in the third period, "a good old-fashioned benching." He was on the ice for two goals by the Stars.