Time to get down to projections. Mock drafts are fun and provide plenty of fodder for discussion. When it comes to projecting to No. 49 and then to No. 99, where the Bears are selecting, that's madness. But we're going to give it a shot. First, our wild guess at the top 10.
1. Detroit, Matthew Stafford. Hey, we got one right.
2. St. Louis, Jason Smith. Didn't take long to replace Orlando Pace.
3. Kansas City, Tyson Jackson. This is what you call a selection in no-man's land.
4. Seattle, Aaron Curry. The Seahawks' defense got bad in a hurry.
5. Cleveland, Mark Sanchez. As much buzz as there is with him, he has to be drafted in the top 5, right?
6. Cincinnati, Andre Smith. Bengals get the lineman scouts believe is the most talented.
7. Oakland, Jeremy Maclin. Elite ability as a return man gives him the edge over Michael Crabtree.
8. Jacksonville, Michael Crabtree. Jaguars badly need some help at this position.
9. Green Bay, Malcom Jenkins. Packers need some youth in secondary and get the draft's best defensive back.
10. San Francisco, Brian Orakpo. The Niners get a pass rusher.