Just had a chance to speak to Brian Price, the Bears newest defensive tackle. He didn't get to practice today, but he's wearing his No. 95 jersey, and he's itching to join his new teammates.
Here are some highlights from his press conference:
* About being traded to the Bears: "I was happy. A brand new beginning, a fresh start. It don't get no better than this. The defense. This is a defensive town. Great leaders. The love of the game is coming back to me.
* On importance of a fresh start: "Yeah. That's what I needed. It was a great decision. Watching practice, it was hard to watch and not be a part of it. Just the tempo. Watching the guys. It's great. I'm happy to be a part of it."
* On where his mind is at right now, given his tumultuous few months: "Man, I'm here, wit this team, and I'm feeling great. A couple of months ago, it was nowhere near where I'm at now. Just being here, I feel better, like the weight of the world got lifted off my shoulders. I feel much better."
* On what happened Thursday with the Bucs: "I just hurt my leg in my first run. We had to run out of the three-point stance. Just hurt myself. I'm sore, but I'm good."
* On if he needs to ease into practices: "No, once I practice, I will get acclimated to the system. That's a part of being a professional. No matter what you're going through, you still got to show up and be a pro."
* His strengths: "I get off the ball. That's what I love to do. I can't wait to get started."
* On how close this defense is to Bucs defense, in terms of style: "I don't know. I try not to think about it. It brings up some crazy things, so I'm just happy to be here. I'm looking for a fresh start."