Chicago Sun-Times

Dolphins owner on Brandon Marshall trade: "That's history"

| No Comments | No TrackBacks

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- Earlier today, in an interview with reporters at the NFL Owners meeting, Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross noted how much accessible and open his organization would be toward the media.

Only there was one topic he wasn't too interested in addressing.

A longtime Dolphins season-ticket holder told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel about a recent conversation in which Ross told him that his team was going to release him, if they couldn't find a trade partner.

"[Ross] said they had been shopping [Marshall] for a couple weeks," Jason Lawrence told the Sun-Sentinel. "Nobody would return their phone calls about getting him. If Chicago didn't take [Marshall] they would have ended up cutting him very shortly after that, and got nothing."

Asked about Lawrence's comments Monday, Ross said, "Brandon Marshall, that's history.

"We want to go on," Ross said. "We wish him the best. That's really behind us. It was a trade. He wasn't cut. We feel like we got fair value and we think the football team is better for it."

The Dolphins received a third-round pick this year, as well as a third-round pick in 2013.

No TrackBacks

TrackBack URL: http://blogs.suntimes.com/cgi-bin/mt-tb.cgi/46321

Leave a comment

Twitter updates

Categories

About this Entry

This page contains a single entry by Sean Jensen published on March 26, 2012 2:31 PM.

CB Zack Bowman signs one-year, minimum deal with Vikings was the previous entry in this blog.

CEO Ted Phillips said Bears have made "strong offer" to Matt Forte is the next entry in this blog.

Find recent content on the main index or look in the archives to find all content.