Bears running back Matt Forte made an appearance on NBC SportsTalk Friday with Sports Illustrated senior writer Peter King and Pro Football Talk founder Mike Florio.
Forte had some very strong comments during his three-minute appearance on the show, which airs on VERSUS.
* On if he regrets turning down an offer that included $13 to $15 million in guarantees before the season: "I have no regrets in turning it down, because I'm not going to let anybody or an organization undervalue me as a player, or try to dictate to me what kind of value I have. And I know that, as a running back, my value is much higher than the deal I was offered, so I had no problem declining it."
* On if he would hold out during this season: "No, there's no chance that would happen. I've been playing well, and I want to continue to do that. I'm just here to help my team win and continue to do well, and I don't think that would help our team, if I were to not play."
* On if him doing so many interviews might be counterproductive: "I've only said my opinion. My play really speaks louder than any words that I say."
* On if he's unhappy with Chris Johnson, who has played poorly since signing his monstrous contract: "Not really. I don't feel that has anything to do with me. I'm not Chris Johnson. I'm a diferent player than he is. We both play the running back position, but we're different people. I don't feel that has anything to do with me."
* On if the NFL system is stacked against running backs: "Not really. I think it really depends on what organization you're in and how they treat their players. I feel if I was on any other team, and you produce, and you were drafted by that team, and you produce enough in the last four years, it would be easy to really get a deal done. I'm not really sure what the problem is and what's going on. But, well figure it out pretty soon."
* On if there's been any contract discussions during this season with the Bears: "Over the bye week, they talked to my agent [Adisa Bakari]. But no new offer has been on the table yet."
* On if he expects anything in the coming weeks: "I'm always optimistic. I want to expect something. But, the way things have been going, it doesn't look like that. I've been producing very well, and no new offer has been on the table, so I'm not really sure what's going on."
The entire video can be watched by clicking here.