On Sunday, I packed my Gore-Tex jacket and an umbrella. It didn't rain.
On Monday, I headed out to practice with nothing. And it rained.
Up until then, just before 4 p.m., the practice was shaping up to be an interesting one.
I usually watch the defensive line versus the offensive line, but I tried to pay more attention to the receivers and cornerbacks today.
* Devin Hester had his way with Corey Graham on at least three plays in practice. Graham appeared to get frustrated that maybe Hester was too physical on a couple of shorter routes. But, Hester got Graham on a double move for a 50-yard touchdown from Cutler.
* Zack Bowman picked off a Cuter pass that was intended for rookie Dane Sanzenbacher.
* The offensive line again did a nice job, during a portion of practice when the focus is on running teh ball.
* Rain and lightning ruined the final hour of practice, with players rushing off the field.
* Undrafted rookie Kris Adams hauled in a deep pass, as he has several times. But on that play, he was jammed, and the quarterback probably wouldn't have had that much time to get him the ball.
* Safety Chris Harris flat dropped a pass from Cutler.
Practice ball goes to... Sam Hurd. The new receiver, who will be a key part of the special teams, stood out in Monday's practice. Facing Charles Tillman, Hurd made a difficult down the field. Tillman was in very good position, but Hurd just made the play for a 25-plus yard gain. Later, he cut hard toward the post then cut outside. Tillman fell down, and Hurd made an easy catch.