'Idol' producers back out of Emmys

| | Comments (0) | TrackBacks (0)

LOS ANGELES — The Emmy Awards ceremony won’t be getting the ‘‘American Idol’’ touch after all. Nigel Lythgoe and Ken Warwick, executive producers for Fox’s hit talent contest, have backed out of producing the prime-time Emmy ceremony in September, the TV academy and network said Friday.


The pair cited their upcoming commitments and current demanding schedule, including last week’s ‘‘American Idol’’ charity special and the show’s finale later this month.

They will be replaced by Ken Ehrlich, an Emmy and Grammy awards telecast veteran.

‘‘We respect Nigel and Ken’s decision and are fortunate that Ken Ehrlich has agreed to return,’’ TV academy chairman Dick Askin said in a statement.

The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences 59th Primetime Emmy Awards show is set for Sept. 16 at the Shrine Auditorium. Nominations are to be announced July 19.


AP

0 TrackBacks

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: 'Idol' producers back out of Emmys.

TrackBack URL for this entry: http://blogs.suntimes.com/cgi-bin/mt-tb.cgi/2987

Leave a comment


Type the characters you see in the picture above.

Awards calendar

Your complete calendar of upcoming entertainment awards shows and other related events! To mark your calendar, click here.

About this Entry

This page contains a single entry by Thomas Conner published on May 6, 2007 4:18 PM.

MTV Video Music Awards moving to Sin City was the previous entry in this blog.

Grammy sets date for 50th ceremony is the next entry in this blog.

Find recent content on the main index or look in the archives to find all content.

Pages