I was going to make fun of Sally Kirkland, who seems to be a permanent fixture on the Oscars red carpet every year, for no discernible reason. For God's sake, she even got the brush-off from Joan Rivers.
I was going to say that she's no longer relevant, not having been nominated for an award since 1987's "Anna." I don't personally remember her in anything since 1999's "EdTV."
But then I looked up her entry at the Internet Movie Database, and I must say: Sally's been staying busy! She's got more projects in the works than Leo DiCaprio:
1. The Last Guy on Earth (2006) (pre-production)
2. Resurrection Mary (2007) (filming) .... Lois
3. Big Stan (2007) (post-production)
4. Under the Knife (2007) (post-production) .... Pat Mazur
5. Richard III (2007) (completed) .... Queen Margaret
6. Factory Girl (2006) (uncredited) .... Grandma Sedgwick
7. Coffee Date (2006) .... Mrs. Muller
8. Off the Black (2006) .... Marianne Reynolds
9. Fingerprints (2006) .... Mary
10. Spiritual Warriors (2006) .... Realtor
11. A-List (2006) .... Olga
So I guess she can come back next year, too.