Grammy nominations aren't announced until Dec. 7, but in this week's Entertainment Weekly the magazine's Michael Endelman take a stab at predicting which artists will win the music award show's top honors next year.
Early contenders for ALBUM OF THE YEAR:
• Bob Dylan, "Modern Times" (Columbia)
• Dixie Chicks, "Taking the Long Way" (Open Wide/Columbia)
• Nickelback, "All the Right Reasons" (Roadrunner)
EW picks: "The Chicks, partly because the controversial win would make headlines."
For BEST NEW ARTIST:
• James Blunt
• Panic! At the Disco
• Corrine Bailey Rae
EW picks: "Bailey Rae, whose appeal stretches from R&B fans to soccer moms to the NPR set."
For RECORD OF THE YEAR:
• Gnarls Barkley, "Crazy" (Downtown/Atlantic)
• Shakira, "Hips Don't Lie" (Epic)
• Daniel Powter, "Bad Day" (Warner Bros.)
EW picks: "Powter. If we've learned one thing from Grammys past, it's the safe bet is the best bet."